Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 13:54:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dennis Ostrovsky <denis.ostrovsky@yale.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Troy Settle wrote:

> With FreeBSD:
>
> 	cd /usr/src
> 	cvsup supfile
> 	make buildworld && make installworld && reboot
> 	cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
> 	config KERNEL
> 	cd ../../compile/KERNEL
> 	make depend && make && make install && rebot

Not to be too picky, but I always thought you should rebuild your kernel
BEFORE you reboot after making world as some things like ps might not work
properly afterwards. It also saves you one reboot. :)

Is it me, or has this thread totally gone out of control (but in a civil,
FreeBSD way)? :)

Dennis

    Dennis Ostrovsky ** Department of Chemistry ** Yale University

E-mail: den@master.chem.yale.edu     WWW: http://pantheon.yale.edu/~do33