Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 22:10:18 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sten_Daniel_S=F8rsdal?= <sten.daniel.sorsdal@wan.no>
To:        "Brett Glass" <brett@lariat.org>, "Bill Fumerola" <billf@mu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Userland PPP/PPTP tunneling problem

>=20
> At 01:26 PM 4/17/2003, Bill Fumerola wrote:
>  =20
> >> I don't understand. Why is /24 more "natural" than /16?
> >
> >because that address is in class C space, not class B. read rfc791.
>=20
> As I understand it, that portion of RFC791 was obsolete decades ago.
> (Even if it weren't, you should be able to subdivide the
> address space.)
>=20
> --Brett

The PPTP protocol allows it (I might be wrong!), the Microsoft PPTP =
client does not.
It's just a minor problem with this otherwise administrativly easy way =
of tunneling.
Interesting really, considering Microsoft developed PPTP.

If you are going to do this on a large scale, you could use Connection =
Manager to build the
Profile and add a small batch script to add the route as the tunnel is =
being created.

- Sten