Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:32:12 +0000
From:      Marco Wertejuk <wertejuk@mwcis.com>
To:        daniel.fisher@vt.edu
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to setup wireless card

Hello,

| I then run:
| 	wicontrol -i wi0 -n NETWORK-NAME -p 1
| Followed by:
| 	dhclient wi0

does dhclient succeed?

| The lights on the card say it is working, however if I run:
| 	ping -I wi0 www.google.com

man ping:
     -I interface
             Source multicast packets with the given interface address.  This
             flag only applies if the ping destination is a multicast address.

You surely want to send multicast packets?

Maybe you can check whether your card is logged into
a wireless network (i'm not using lucent cards but
there should be some signal strength indicators
which wicontrol will display).

Please be more descriptive.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,