Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 16:45:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>, Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, Daniel Haischt <danielh@privat.toplink.de>, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache/PHP/Oracle8...

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Philip Hallstrom wrote:

> No, generating a slightly different letter wouldn't be that hard.  Someone
> would just have to write a bunch of slightly different letters.
>
> I'm thinking something like this:
>
> Set up a web site with a form that asks for your email and name
> (anything else needed?), and then sends off the email.

> - The email could be randomly selected from the pool of letters,
> substiting your name and email, etc.
> - The first email could be 1, the second, 2, etc... (sequential and
> looping).
> - Or, you fill the form out once, and then every week, or maybe two weeks,
> or something insistent, but nice, an email gets sent out.
>
> Also, every unique email gets added to a list, and displayed on a page.
> This url is included in all the emails to Oracle so they can see just how
> many people have signed up.
>

> I'd be happy to write the scripts to do this and host it, but I'm going to
> need help writing the letters and figuring out who the best person to send
> this to at oracle is.
>
> Thoughts?

I was thinking more of something like:

Name:
Title:
Company:
Number of Emp:
Planned use of oracle:
Planned License:
Why Oracle on FreeBSD:
Kept private:
  Email:
  Tele:

Automatically mailed and archived on a web page for them to see, the
email would look something like:

---

Request for Oracle-FreeBSD

<Name> at who is the <Title> at <Company> is interested in Oracle on
FreeBSD.  The license sought is <num license> of <License>

You can reach <Name> at <Email> or <Tele>.

To see other users requesint an oracle version of FreeBSD please
visit: http://url/...

---

The private stuff could be given to Oracle if they desired to put some
"real people" behind these requests.

I want oracle on FreeBSD dammit!

-Alfred