Date:      11 Jan 2003 14:28:12 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mozilla port

--=-DZTjq5XvRuex3iiKFUyI

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 14:17, Jeff Roberson wrote:

> > There is no page that indicates next upgrade, but if you search the
> > archives for this list or ports@, you'll see it isn't scheduled for
> > upgrade until after 5.0-RELEASE comes out (or Kris announces the full
> > ports tree thaw).  If you want to update before that, I have my diffs a=
> > http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/freeze/.
> >
>=20
> Hey, great, thanks.  1.1 has been crashing a lot more for me recently.  I
> was hoping to upgrade some.  We don't submit these builds to mozilla do
> we?  That might be nice.

We don't submit builds to Mozilla, but we do submit some patches.  Over
the past few months I've submitted some I18N patches, and helped get the
thunks patch integrated.  Mozilla does their own FreeBSD builds,
however.

>=20
> > I have been working closely on the Alpha problem, but have not gotten
> > very close to solving it.  If you're building on 5.0, I have a ton of
> > patches that get you all the way to post-build where it crashes (these
> > patches fix the stub compiler errors).  Let me know if you're
> > interested.
> >
> > Joe
>=20
> I'm very interested.  If you send me what you have so far I can see if I
> can't sort out the rest of the problem.

There's quite a few.  They're only tested against 1.2b, but should work
with 1.2.1.  Most of them might be unnecessary for 1.3a since it fixes a
lot of the 32-bit architecture assumptions.  I'll send them to you
offline.

Thanks a lot for looking into this, Jeff.

Joe

>=20
> Cheers,
> Jeff