Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 09:47:30 -0700
From:      Michael Peer <mpeer@gwc.cccd.edu>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with ccd driver

This is my first attempt to use ccd driver.

The error message on boot up is:
Changing root device to sd0a
WARNING / was not properly dismounted
ahc1: ahc_scsi_cmd: more than 32 DMA segs
sd3: oops not queued
biodone: buffer already done

-- and then it dies right their

I have 2.2.1-RELEASE.

I am trying to concatenate two 4GB disks for my news spool.

I have the two 4GB disks sd3 and sd4.  I was able to disklabel them Ok with
sd3c, and sd3e.  Same with sd4c, and sd4e.  I am able to do a newfs on sd3e
and sd4e and mounting works.

I have a ccd.conf file of:
ccd0 0 none /dev/sd3e /dev/sd4e

I added lines in the kernel and recompiled, you can tell from the boot
message.
While trying to install, the directions say to do a ccdconfig -Cv, but when
I do this is gives about the same message, and hangs the session, I am able
to use another virtual console and reboot the system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Peer
Data Electronics Technician I          Golden West College
Computer Services Center               15744 Goldenwest St.
                                       Huntington Beach, CA 92647

e-mail:  mpeer@gwc.cccd.edu            Voice: (714)892-7711 ext 55067
WWW:     http://pioneer.gwc.cccd.edu   FAX:   (714)895-8980