Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:00:37 +0800
From:      Moter Du <Moter_Du@stsl.siemens.com.tw>
To:        "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3COM 589C installation

------_=_NextPart_001_01C09023.A76FC8F0

Hi, I'm quite a newbie.  The questions have been asked times to times in the
mailing list but I still got no hint.

My problem is, I have a Compaq M700 installed FreeBSD R4.1.  I want to use a
3Com 589C PC-card.
Somehow, the 3 tuples (IRQ, IO port, IO memory) are unreadable by 3Com's
packages (always got overflow under DOS?!?) therefore I assume FreeBSD
GENERIC configuration file and default pccard.conf may get the card for
itself.

But it failed.  And dmesg reports "No card in database..."

Could anyone provide his successful experience, and the configuration files.

Many thanks.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C09023.A76FC8F0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DBIG5">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>3COM 589C installation</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi, I'm quite a newbie.&nbsp; The questions have been =
asked times to times in the mailing list but I still got no =
hint.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My problem is, I have a Compaq M700 installed FreeBSD =
R4.1.&nbsp; I want to use a 3Com 589C PC-card.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Somehow, the 3 tuples (IRQ, IO port, IO memory) are =
unreadable by 3Com's packages (always got overflow under DOS?!?) =
therefore I assume FreeBSD GENERIC configuration file and default =
pccard.conf may get the card for itself.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>But it failed.&nbsp; And dmesg reports &quot;No card =
in database...&quot;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Could anyone provide his successful experience, and =
the configuration files.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Many thanks.</FONT>
</P>