Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 18:24:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        zach@gaffaneys.com (Zach Heilig)
Cc:        zach@gaffaneys.com, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/8683

It seems Zach Heilig wrote:
> Well, I am using the changer to keep MP3's (ripped from my own CD's) online,
> so there is a possibility of a disk change every 5-7 minutes or so while
> random playing.  It would be nice if there was a minimum of 30 seconds or so
> per slot (and/or if it would buffer the next 4-5 megs of the currently being
> read file).

That is kind of what I had already done to the driver locally, I'd only
allow a switch every 20 secs, and put the requester to sleep until
then.

> > The only problem is that changer device are pretty rare, at least
> > here in DK land :(
>
> There is possibly another drive identical to mine in a local store...  I can
> check again tomorrow (Monday). If it is still available and cheap enough, I
> could perhaps send it your way (it is an old NEC 252/6x 4-disk changer).

That'd be nice, the one I had (that got stolen together with my main
machine three weeks ago) was also a donation to the project.
Let me hear how it goes, maybe we can find a good solution here...