Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 08:55:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bruce Bauman <boot@mosquito.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        boot@itchy.mosquito.com (Bruce Bauman)
Subject:   in_rtqtimo: adjusted rtq_reallyold to 1600

We have a web/authentication server which serves our small ISP business.
Currently, we handle 30 dialup lines via a Livingston portmaster. On our
primary server (running FreeBSD 2.1), we see:

in_rtqtimo: adjusted rtq_reallyold to 2400
in_rtqtimo: adjusted rtq_reallyold to 1600
in_rtqtimo: adjusted rtq_reallyold to 1066
in_rtqtimo: adjusted rtq_reallyold to 710

This server sees moderate web traffic, but is otherwise lightly used. Perhaps
2 or 3 shell accounts logged in at a time. It's also our mail hub.

Should we be concerned about this? Are there any config file changes we might
want to make to increase the amount of space for routes?

Also, is it possible to get a copy of the config file for the ftp server
used at Walnut Creek? I would imagine it's tuned for heavy network demand,
which is probably applicable to us.

Thanks in advance.

-- Bruce Bauman
   Mosquito Net, Inc.