Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2008 17:20:36 +0300
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
To:        Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Eric <eric@mikestammer.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.0 not executing /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ at startup

Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:44:59 -0600
> Eric <eric@mikestammer.com> wrote:
>

>> are you changing the kernel security level in your rc.conf file? if
>> so, comment it out and reboot. that was an issue i had on a 6.x box
>> recently and commenting out the security level change fixed it
>>

> When I do a "sysctl -a | grep kern.securelevel" I get:
> "kern.securelevel: -1". Shouldn't this be 0 or 1?

securelevel -1 is fine. This is the default:
quote from init(8):

 -1    Permanently insecure mode - always run the system in level 0 mode.
       This is the default initial value.

Your problem lies elsewhere. I've looked at your rc.conf, and I can't
really say I can see anything except this:

accf_http_load="YES"

which should be in /boot/loader.conf (?)
You have a lot of stuff, I would suggest you comment out most of them
and put them back in one by one.