Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 1996 08:35:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck@toplink.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Limti of processes per user

Hi

is there a hardcoded limit on the number of simultaneous processes
or shells for a user.  I often run into "cannot fork" errors when I
work with several xterms on multiple desktops on FreeBSD 2.0r and 2.1r.

I have checked sysctl -a but could not find anything that would be
appropriate.

Do I have to recompile the kernel to raise the limit or is there some
other way (perhaps on a per user basis) ?

Greetings
Christian

--
TopLink GbR, Internet Services				info@toplink.net