Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 95 14:34:00 EST
From:      Ruiyuan_Jiang/Advantage_KBS_at_LotusXchg@njcorp.akbs.com
To:        Adam David <adam@ubiq.veda.is>
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nntpxfer Exectable File Missing

  I have another question about the compiling nntp port. Since I downloaded
  the file nntp-1.5.11.5.tgz from your ftp server. So if I try to compile
  nntp only for nntpxfer, what do I need to download or what should I do to
  comiple it? Thanks.

  Ruiyuan Jiang
  rjiang@akbs.com

> You can compile it by yourself.  Get the nntp ports files (read
> section 4.2 on the handbook on how to get these stuff), and edit the
> patch by hand before you compile it.  It should be in
>
>   /usr/ports/news/nntp/patches/patch-aa
>
> Go to line 47, and delete the `#' near the beginning of the line.

Also in /usr/ports/news/nntp/work/nntp-t5/xfer/nntpxfer.c after compilation
fails, you will need to delete line 627. It's the line that reads:

 extern char *sys_errlist[];

Then it will compile normally. I will update this soon for the main ports
collection.

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>