Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 95 19:53:21 PST
From:      "Gennady B. Sorokopud" <gena@netvision.net.il>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        adm2@cs.city.ac.uk
Subject:   RE: XmCD port FreeBSD

Hi,

>Has anyone managed to port XmCd (the Motif Audio CD playing program) to
>FreeBSD yet.

Yeah , i did the port using the new SCSI system , so it will
work only on FreeBSD-current. Xmcd is really great. The only problem is with
eject command - kernel panics when i try to eject CD using
the cd player button , but it works ok when i do it manually.
This behavior is mentioned in scsi docs and it's ( probably )
fixed for aha-1542 adapter , but i have aic6360 :-(.
I tried to fix the problem but still no success.
The only way to avoid this is to disable the eject button
in config file and change disks manually ( it's not very hard :))
I'll upload the port to freebsd.cdrom.com:/pub/incoming soon.

>Thanks,
>
>Alan.
>--
>Alan Messer                           | Also: - cj562@city.ac.uk
>Systems Architecture Research Centre, |       - be559@cleveland.freenet.edu
>City University, London, EC1V 0HB     |        (ATK,MIME & PGP2.3 accepted)
>Tel: +44 (1)71 477 8551               | Fax:  +44 (1)71 477 8587

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O                      Gennady Sorokopud                             O
O                                                                    O
O  E-Mail:   gena@netvision.net.il                                   O
O                                                                    O
O    http:   http://www.netvision.net.il/~gena/                      O
O     Tel:   home: 972-4-835-227     Address: Sharet st. 21/7        O
O                                             K. Tivon , Israel      O
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO