Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:50:22 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1014411022.49b729@mired.org>
To:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is apache13-fp port broken?

Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com> types:
> Just tried to install apache13-fp port.
> The install went fine until fp50.freebsd.tar.Z completed
> downloading. While the process was trying to install,
> it issued the following  messages.
[...]
> /version5.0/set_default_perms.sh
> ===>  Patching for frontpage-5.0.2.2623_1
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for frontpage-5.0.2.2623_1
> No file to patch.  Skipping...
> 13 out of 13 hunks ignored--saving rejects to fp_install.sh.rej
> >> Patch patch-fp_install.sh failed to apply cleanly.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/frontpage.
> *** Error code 1

> To me this looks like the apache13-fp port is broken.
> Has any body been able to install this port during the
> last 2 weeks? 2/2/02 - 02/16/02

To me this looks like you've got out of date patch files in the
port. If that's indeed the case, other ports will have the problem as
well. The solution is to remove (or just mv) the ports tree, and
re-cvsup it. Even if the port is broken, it may be fixed in the cvs
repository, so re-cvsuping it is recommended.

If it's still broken after that, do "make maintainer" in the port, and
send a note to the email address that it prints about the problem.

	<mike