Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 00:53:33 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        joe.kamm@wnonline.net
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: ZyXEL omni.net plus t/a

> i know someone out there has had to use this t/a before.  i can't get dual
> channel capabilty with ppp -- my co-worker says it has worked for him
> before but can't remember exactly how it was done.  am i supposed to be
> using mpd?  can someone spare some configs or something?  i've got one now
> and an INIT from ZyXEL but i can't get anymore than 1b channel =(  i've
> been checking out the arvhices, RTFM'ing (including /usr/share/examples),
> and i'm just running out of ideas :/
>
> any help is appreciated.

Doing multilink through a TA is nothing to do with ppp.  The TA does
the dual channel bit itself and pretends it's single channel to the
ppp implementation.

In short, you need to look at your TA handbook.

If however you had a proper ISDN card, there are examples of doing
multilink with ppp in share/examples/ppp/*isdn*

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>