Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:40:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/42392: Pedantic PPP Primer scheduled for termination

The following reply was made to PR docs/42392; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 02:33:38 +0300

 On 2002-09-03 23:35 +0000, Ceri Davies wrote:
 > I recently unhooked the Pedantic PPP Primer from the doc build.
 > 	(doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/Makefile r1.11).
 > I'd quite like to give someone a chance to bring this document back into the
 > present day before issuing a "cvs rm".
 > Therefore I've raised this PR after discussion with keramida to throw this
 > open to the wild.

 This is the first time I feel happy that a PR is "opened", instead of
 "closed".  I don't have the hardware, nor the expertise to test and
 document the scenarios that were originally described in the PPP
 Primer, but it has been one of the documents that were of great
 assistance as I was staring to work on FreeBSD in Sep 1998.

 If anyone feels that they can update it, then by all means, please
 raise your hands and say "Aye!  I will do it."

 G.K.