Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 17:45:59 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Yon Thulung_rai" <yanraiwelcome@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I couldn't install FreeBSD 3.4  help

You can install from floppies (everything you need is on the CD), the
"official" instructions for making the floppies are the handbook
(www.freebsd.org), various other newbie and tutorial material at the same
site & also the "Complete FreeBSD". Both the manual & the Complete FreeBSD
are better than average docs, although they do assume a fair degree of unix
experience. As for "unofficial" documentation, I've written a really
pedantic guide for newbies installing from floppies, the intention of which
was to make it easier for those with NO prior knowledge at
http://www.apana.org.au/FreeBSD/FreeBSD_Tutorial/