Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:52:12 +0100
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de>
To:        "James A. Abercromby II" <j.abercromby@pn.nettuno.it>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printer Support

 Unfortunately the only printers that seem to be listed in the Linux
>Hardware HOWTO were older models that are hard to find now-not much
>seems to available (I wonder if the author writing the howto is still
>showing out of date info.  At any rate the Freebsd handbook didn't
>really list any printers.

Hi!

Well, especially the Canons ar ecompatible with the older drivers.

My 4100 worked with driver entry for the 600 or 800?, even letting me print
out images in colour under Netscape. Ok, not the best quality, compared to
optimized drivers under Windoze, but it was ok. The 4400 some shops could
carry as a leftover, being not produced anymore.

(Can't check out in the moment, cause I hooked it up to a M$ box again, to
print via network)

Regards
Olaf Hoyer

--------
Olaf Hoyer	www.nightfire.de		mailto:Olaf.Hoyer@nightfire.de
FreeBSD- The power to serve		ICQ:22838075

Liebe und Hass sind nicht blind, aber geblendet vom Feuer,
dass sie selber mit sich tragen. (Nietzsche)