Date:      7 Apr 97 11:23:22 -0600
From:      "Richard Wackerbarth" <rkw@skipstone.com>
To:        "Darren Reed" <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: on the subject of changes to -RELEASEs...

On Mon, Apr 7, 1997 9:37 AM, Darren Reed <mailto:avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
wrote:
>Might I add, that a constantly changing 2.2-STABLE is the equivalent of
>the "linux kernel club of the week".  At times, FreeBSD-current is a
"kernel
>of the week" club in many ways too, as is NetBSD-current.

FreeBSD-current is intended to be the "kernel of the day" club. If you
don't
want that, stay away from FreeBSD-current!

As for the "2.2-STABLE" label, I think that it was added prematurely.
If the label is going to be added immediately after the RELEASE, it really
carries no information and might as well be left off. Besides,
FreeBSD-2.2.1
is more in keeping with industry standards for naming than is
FreeBSD-2.2-ANYTHING.