Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 1995 20:30:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sherman F Mui <smui@sparta.sjsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ft problems

Hi again,

I thought I had everything working with my new tape drive. =) I was dead
wrong. I get this  error when the tape runs out of tape,

ft0: unrecoverable write error on block 3200

I'm probably not doing something right here. I have a 200 meg tape. I
tried 'dump usfd 400 - 43690 /dev/sd0a | ft' then 'dump ufd - /dev/sd0a |
ft'. And my root partition is ~15mb.

So I think maybe it's dump. I tried 'tar zvcf - /usr/local | ft
"/usr/local save"', which is ~77 mb.

(side note: I can't get tar's -X option to work right, it just refuses to
exclude a directory I specify)

Now what's wrong? Oh, and ft is going nuts and refuses to die. I have to
reboot to make it stop winding  and re-winding my stupid tape...

	Thanks in adv,
	Sherman (off to reboot)