Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:50:48 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        "F. Heinrichmeyer" <fritz.heinrichmeyer@FernUni-Hagen.de>, "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: here are the patched files for Joliet-FS and 3.1-RELEASE

On 16-Mar-99 F. Heinrichmeyer wrote:
> http://es-i2.fernuni-hagen.de/~jfh/FreeBSD_Documentation/3.1-joliet.patch.tar.
> gz

Help me out here (so I can better understand the FreeBSD development system)...

Why haven't these been committed to the source?  Are they still to unstable to
be used?  Patches have been in existance since 11/14/97 (pr kern/5038).  Is
this becuase no one has the time, or no one wants to commit the patches until
they know they don't break anything else?

No blame is being intended.  I'm just curious...

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9