Date:      Mon, 1 May 2006 19:42:28 +0100
From:      Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org>
To:        "Rolf Sommerhalder" <rolf.sommerhalder@alumni.ethz.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NanoBSD on PC Engines WRAP does not boot

On May 1, 2006, at 7:58 AM, Rolf Sommerhalder wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> after successfully building and booting latest NanoBSD by phk (FreeBSD
> RELENG6_0) on a GENERIC PC, I so far failed to repeat it for PC
> Engines WRAP plattform.
>
> It appears that the boot loading process get stuck already in boot0sio
> which loops infinitely while wating for keyboard/console input for the
> partition/slice to boot, and outputing a BELL character to the serial
> console after every timeout:
>
> Did anyone succeed in booting NanoBSD on WRAP, and if so, would not
> mind to make available the configuration files?
> (It appears that Florent Thoumie succeeded:
> http://blog.xbsd.org/2006/02/03/nanobsd-upgrade/ )

Well, this was an upgrade as stated in the title. The boot loader was
installed one year before that, so when I first heard about this
problem I thought it could be a regression in the boot loader, but I
don't know anything about it. It could possibly be something that has
been broken when Poul Henning switched from Makefile to shell script
too.

I don't have any hardware to test it since I moved to Dublin some
months ago. If you can, try to build/install a 5.3-R image with the
old build system (Makefile) and with the new. TinyBSD images based on
recent FreeBSD version is known to work on WRAP, so this might not be
a boot loader issue.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz@FreeBSD.org