Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:50:17 +0300
From:      Vitaly Zubok <vit@visti.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cyclom 16Ye problem (rev. 2.03)

We use a number of Cyclom 16Ye cards rev. 1.02,
these ISA cards work pretty nice in all our freebsd boxes.

Recently we bought another Cyclom 16Ye, rev. 2.03.
We can't find the reason why it works only in ancient
i486 boxes and does'not work in any Pentium (chipsets
VX, HX, LX tested).

How it looks: it depends. On HX (P54TPI, Airwebs), cy driver can't find
device after power-on. However, after testing with vendor's DOS
diskette and soft reboot, everything is Ok until power switched off.
On VX (Airwebs) and LX (Soltek, SL-66A) Cyclom card is always detected
but does not work correctly: we can't talk to modem (no response on AT
command), and after leaving the port DTE LED does not go off. The same
story was described by Gediminas Vilutis <gedasv@pub.osf.lt> 6 months
ago (you'll find that msg at freebsd-questions archive).

Definitely, there are some changes in this "new" rev. 2.03,
is anyone going to do something with driver?

We'll appreciate any answer, even ``yes'' or ``no'' :)

--
Vitaly Y. Zubok                  (380 44) 2473940, 2440122
 I.S.P. Administrator                        Kyiv, Ukraine