Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 07:48:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Jenkins <mjenkins@carp.gbr.epa.gov>
To:        madrapour@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Again logging!

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, "N. N.M" <madrapour@hotmail.com> wrote:

> !inetd
>
> !tcpd

Make sure you only have TAB characters between the *.* and the log filename.
(I just copy and paste the ppp lines and then change the names.)  Also if you
are using the ee editor use the -e switch which will prevent expanding TABs
to spaces.  And notify syslogd with a HUP if you modify /etc/syslog.conf.

Can you "logger -p lpr.info message" and get a message in /var/log/messages?
(Just verifying that syslogd is working.)

Mike