Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 1998 12:25:12 -0300
From:      "Maximiliano A. Eschoyez" <meschoyez@ubp.edu.ar>
To:        Rainer M Duffner <Rainer.Duffner@konstanz.netsurf.de>
Cc:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE

>> Has anyone heard of KDE?  (K Desktop Environment)

>Yes. Best thing since Bill got a pie-tart in his face ;-)

>> http://www.kde.org/

>> (This page says that it works under FreeBSD.)

>> Is it any good?  Is it worth installing?

>Depends on wether you like Win98 or not.

>Rainer

* Why people under UNIX-like OS try to emulate a MS 'Operative
System' *

Well, Who am I?

I'm Maxi, a student of Telecomunications (engineer) [I'm trying
to learn english because here, Argentina, we speak spanish, so
excuse my errors]

I started with computers under DOS, Windows was in 3.0 version
at these time. Now, at the University, we have a network that
works under Windows NT and all tha machines have Windows 95.

Why I'm learning Free-BSD? Because I'm trying to be out of the
Kingdom of Gill Bates (that's the way me and my friends call
him, it's pronounce like 'HILL'; here a 'gil' is a stupid
person)

You know, I'm a newbie because I've been istalling Free-BSD
since 15th of April (my PC only boots, that's a good goal). It's
very hard to move from DOS to UNIX-like OS with only one book
(The Complete Free-BSD).

I'm doing a hard work, because I'm studying Free-BSD alone, but
it's interesting 'cause I want to learn about networks (for my
career) and always UNIXs are the most estable System for that.

Regards.

Maximiliano Eschoyez (Argentina)