Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 12:45:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Clint Olsen" <olsenc@ichips.intel.com>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, dcasba@rain.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   120 MHz parts

Yes, you could run a 120MHz part with the ASUS board.  Actually, you can run
ANY part which the Pentium supports an appropriate bus fraction, even if
the board does not.  You can just jumper the board to do the frequency you
want, and you can force the CPU to choose a bus fraction by modifying your
own socket.  I know it's a pain, but people waste all kinds of time trying
to fry their CPU by running it over the rated clock frequency anyway :)
At boot, the CPU looks to see how it's jumpered (no, I don't know the pins
offhand), and the PLL reacts accordingly.

For example:

It would be possible to run 133/66 or 180/60 as well as 120/60.

-Clint