Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:31:26 +0000
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6727@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installer program for FreeBSD-9.0?

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 10:09:00 +0000
"Thomas Mueller" <mueller6727@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Is there any intent to modify, hopefully improve, the installer
> program (sysinstall) for FreeBSD-9.0?

There's a plan to replace sysinstall with pc-sysinstall, the
PCBSD installer in 9.0. Currently the backend has been committed and
people are working on a web interface frontend to allow people to do
installations via a web browser.

Meanwhile I'm hoping to find some time to improve sysinstall now that
we don't support installation from floppies: I know there are some big
improvements that can be made while not taking on the work of a complete
rewrite.

--
Bruce Cran