Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:49:16 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Sergey A.Osokin" <osa@FreeBSD.org.ru>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   docs/45833: nsmb.conf man page

>Number:         45833
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       nsmb.conf man page
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
	FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE i386

	nsmb.conf man page
>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:

.\" Copyright (c) 2002
.\"	Sergey A. Osokin
.\" Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
.\" modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
.\" are met:
.\" 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
.\"    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
.\" 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
.\"    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
.\"    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
.\"
.\" THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND
.\" ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
.\" IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
.\" ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE
.\" FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
.\" DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
.\" OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
.\" HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
.\" LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
.\" OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
.\" SUCH DAMAGE.
.\"
.Dd November 26, 2002
.Dt NSMB.CONF 5
.Os
.Sh NAME
.Nm nsmb.conf
.Nd define remote mount points for
.Tn SMB
mount requests
.Sh SYNOPSIS
.Nm
.Sh DESCRIPTION
The
.Nm
file contains information about the computers, users and shares
(also knows as remote mount points) for the
.Tn SMB
mount protocol.
.Pp
The file consist from a set of sections. Each section started by section
name surrounded with square brackets:
.Bd -literal -offset indent
[section_name]
.Ed
.Pp
End of the section marked either by new section or by the end of file.
Each section can contain zero or more parameters:
.Bd -literal -offset indent
[section_name]
key=value
.Ed
where 'key' represents parameter name and 'value' a value assigned
to this parameter.
.Pp
.Tn SMB
library uses next forms of section names:
.Bl -tag -width flag
.It Ic A)
[default]
.It Ic B)
[SERVER]
.It Ic C)
[SERVER:USER]
.It Ic D)
[SERVER:USER:SHARE]
.El
.Pp
Here is the map of possible keywords:
.Bl -column keyword/section SIGTERM SIGTERM
.It Sy "keyword/section	A B C D	Comment
.It Cm "addr" Ta Dv - + - - Ta Dv "IP or IPX address of SMB server"
.It Cm "charsets" Ta Dv - + + + Ta Dv "local:remote charset pair"
.It Cm "nbns" Ta Dv +  +  -  - Ta Dv "address of NetBIOS name server (WINS)"
.It Cm "nbscope" Ta Dv +  +  -  - Ta Dv "NetBIOS scope"
.It Cm "nbtimeout" Ta Dv +  +  -  - Ta Dv "timeout for NetBIOS name servers"
.It Cm "password" Ta Dv -  -  +  + Ta Dv "a plain text password used to access to the given share"
.It Cm "retry_count" Ta Dv +  +  -  - Ta Dv "number of retries before connection marked as broken"
.It Cm "timeout" Ta Dv +  +  -  - Ta Dv "SMB request timeout"
.It Cm "workgroup" Ta Dv +  +  +  + Ta Dv "name of workgroup"
.El
.Pp
.Sh FILES
.Bl -tag -width /etc/nsmb.conf -compact
.It Pa /etc/nsmb.conf
the default remote mount-point file
.El
.Sh EXAMPLES
Here is a simple configuration example:
.Bd -literal -offset indent
[default]
workgroup=SALES
# The 'FSERVER' is an NT server.
[FSERVER]
charsets=koi8-r:cp866
addr=fserv.coolcorp.com
.Ed
.Pp
In section "default" we describe our default workgroup (or domain)
SALES, then we make a comment (line that begin with a #), then describe
a server section FSERVER with charset, FSERVER's hostname is
"fserv.coolcorp.com".
.Sh SEE ALSO
.Xr mount_smbfs 8
.Sh AUTHORS