Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:47:35 -0500
From:      Nathan Mace <mace_nathan@uchaswv.edu>
To:        Jeremy Karlson <karlj000@unbc.ca>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A CDROM based firewall----Which Os do i use?

welli'm following Jeremy's advice.  anyone that interested in being involved
in this project, head's up:

why do you guys think?  i think he was right about netbsd being a little bit
overkill in terms of we don't need support THAT MANY platforms.  i'm leaning
towards openbsd.  i love freebsd dearly, but your average run of the mill
linux user will be more likely to trust openbsd than he will freebsd simply
because thats what he read in the comments at /.  thats not to say that
freebsd can't be made as secure as openbsd, it's just that openbsd is *more
secure out of the box*, and it is also precieved by the public as being the
more secure option.  let me if there's something i've forget ;)

also, someone said that there are some bsd based firewalls on CDROM out there
on the 'Net.  i've looked and looked and can't find any.  where are they?
assuming they are any good why not try them and see what there is that we
like and what we don't.  please post any URL's

nathan