Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 05:14:43 -0500
From:      Rob Zietlow <zietlow@berbee.com>(by way of Rob Zietlow <zietlow@berbee.com>)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   dhclient not getting an IP address

Whenever I switch networks (home and work)  I cannot use dhclient to retrieve
an IP address for the respected network.  I always have to reboot the machine
and then it gets one.  I have tried dhclient and dhclient fxp0  in the
command line.  This releases my IP address changing it to 0.0.0.0, but
doesn't renew and get me my new IP (172.30.X.X or 192.168.X.X, depending on
my location)   I have had this issue with 4.3 and 4.4   Do I need anything
special in my /etc/dhclient.conf?   Any Hints, comments, suggestions?

Rob