Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:31:47 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <darius@dons.net.au>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changing packaging to add a couple of CDs

At 8:50 PM +0930 2000/4/19, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

>  The outer most panels can be made to hinge. The holder which the
>first cd sits
>  on will then swing out and you can hold another cd under it.

	Can you point me to a picture of the contraption used by someone
that has managed to cram six CDs into the space of two?

	I've looked closely at the internal clearances within the double
jewel case of the the FreeBSD 3.0 and FreeBSD 3.4 releases (I presume
that 4.0 is the same), and it looks to me like there is about one
millimeter between the hub on either side of the center section and
the hubs of the two outer sections (just enough for the pamphlet that
is inserted), the thickness of the black/dark grey plastic that is
used throughout would appear to be about one millimeter, and there
doesn't appear to be any excess space between the back side of the
black plastic in the outer sections and the clear plastic that forms
the exterior of the jewel cases.

	I want to see some pictures of packaging mechanisms that are used
to squeeze six CDs into the space of two normal jewel cases.