Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:36:34 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Addtron PCI<->wireless card bridge support?

> > > pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1638, dev=0x1100) at 12.0 irq 10
> > >
> > > This is under -stable, is this fixed in -current or does anyone
> > > have a clue about how to get it working?
> >
> > Hmm, this one is odd.  If you take a look at the yourvote.com pci vendor
> > list, this card is:
> >
> > Chip Number: WL11000P
> > Note: Really a PLX Tech PCI9052 wired to 802.11 PCMCIA card
> >
> > I suspect this is just a cardbus bridge like the lucent cards except
> > with a mangled PCI ID to add to the confusion.

Don't suspect, it makes you look silly.  Instead, go to PLX's site and
discover that the 9052 is actually a PCI to generic-bus bridge.  There are
two possible options from here; one is that it's trying hard to look
enough like the PCCARD bus on the other side to fool the pccard, the other
is that the pccard is actually in "hardwired" mode (which some of these
cards support) and the whole thing looks like a single peripheral.

> Can you point me at which files I should be looking at to play with
> this?

Start with PLX's website, and then work backwards from the wiring layout
on the board.  Seriously.