Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:17:47 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
Cc:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mysql: a lot of lost connections...

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 12:12:06PM +0200, Roman Shterenzon wrote:
> >   As has been mentioned on this list, you can use 4.2-STABLE, but you
> > must change the compiler.
> >
> >   4.2-RELEASE has a known mutex bug that was discussed on this list and
> > fixed about two days after the release.  Since this was a well-known
> > bug,
> > why on earth did you even bother with 4.2-RELEASE?
>
> Today I've checked the ERRATA _again_, still no signs of this bug.
> We're hopefully not trying to hide bugs like some other *BSD folks tend
> to do sometimes?

You seem to have missed my emails saying that Jason Evans and I cannot
reproduce this (the need for changing the compiler), and my call asking
those that can to help.  I see not a single person has been willing to
spend the time doing this.

It is not in the Errata because we don't know what to put in there since
there hasn't been an in-depth analysis of the problem.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX