Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 1995 19:12:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@dvals1.larc.nasa.gov>
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        terry@cs.weber.edu, hsu@cs.hut.fi, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, witr@rwwa.com
Subject:   Re: BSD Consortium?

> Terry Lambert writes:
> >
> > > I'll promise to donate $100 of my own, and, say $400 of my company money to
> > > BSD (or Free operating system) Consortium if one will ever be set up to get
>
> > To keep the ball rolling, I could probably come up with $500 as well
> > (but I'd want a T-shirt or a cloisoine Daemon pin and a nice "charter
> > member" certificate or something).  8-).
>
> $500 here also if we can agree on the charter for the organization.

 I think that this is an excellent idea... It would certianly add strength
 to the BSD position. It could also bolster the use of the *BSD's through
 compatability if this remains a goal. But most importantly, I think that
 because we will have a ( drum roll pleae ) NAME behind us collectively,
 it will apply some needed credibility in the eyes of potential users. The
 products that have been created are becomming truly stable and reliable
 os's. Having a consortium may also give potential comercial software
 creators more reason to write/port software to the os's.

 Count me in for 100.00 (I am not as rich as the rest of yall ;-)

  -branson

 PS> I could also talk to _many_ other users that have started using FreeBSD
 and prefer it and who would be interested in membership.

--
MATHESON, E BRANSON                                 E.B.MATHESON@LaRC.NASA.GOV
    Mail Stop 931                                COMPUTER SCIENCES CORPORATION