Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:51:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Viren R.Shah <viren@cigital.com>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell Latitude c800 w/ Xircom Realport card

>>>>> "Jamie" == Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org> writes:

 Jamie> :I can't even boot it up in order to get to the main sysinstall
 Jamie> :screen. As soon as it boots up, it asks "Should I use the pcic
 Jamie> :controller as an install device" (or words to that effect) and
 Jamie> :freezes.

 Jamie> Remove the card(s) before you install.  Don't reinsert until after you
 Jamie> have installed and rebuilt the kernel explicitly giving pcic0 an IRQ.

Thanks. I'll try that as soon as I get the 4.3 CD, since otherwise
I would have to do a net install and I can't do that without the
Xircom card.

 Jamie> Jamie Bowden

Viren
--