Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 19:03:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      jaco@teaser.fr
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   conf/26774: rmail and installworld

>Number:         26774
>Category:       conf
>Synopsis:       Installation of rmail, even without sendmail
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD titine.fr.eu.org 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Sun Apr 22 17:58:24 CEST 2001 root@titine.fr.eu.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TITINE i386

When NO_SENDMAIL is true, rmail is not built even if NOUUCP is false...
In fact, rmail is necessary if UUCP is used, even if sendmail is'nt
(we mary choose another MTA, Postfix for example.

>How-To-Repeat:
make installworld with NO_SENDMAIL= true doesn't build rmail

>Fix:
rmail has to be built if sendmail _or_ uucp are used.

In other words, if NO_SENDMAIL is not defined _or_ NOUUCP is not defined:

Change the /usr/src/bin/Makefile to read:

.if !defined(NO_SENDMAIL) || !defined(NOUUCP)
SUBDIR+=rmail
.endif