Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:08:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD-related article in Dr Dobb's Journal

In the March, 1998 issue of Dr Dobb's Journal (#283), there's an article
called, "Tracing BSD System Calls" (it's even mentioned on the cover), by this
wanker named "Sean Eric Fagan"; it describes the design and implementation of
an event-based process monitoring system in the FreeBSD kernel.  (The original
title of the article was "Event-based Process Monitoring in the FreeBSD
Operating System, or, How to Develop a Trussing Relationship with Your
Kernel.")

I don't know when this will hit the stands; I just got two advance copies from
a friend who works there.  (I'd hope that the magazine would officially send
me some, too, but that hasn't happened yet, if ever.)

The article describes the earlier version of the kernel code and truss; the
stuff that's in -current is *much* better.