Date:      Tue, 13 Sep 2016 20:52:15 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best kind of hard drive for heavy use?

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 20:13:11 +0100
Shamim Shahriar <shamim.shahriar@gmail.com> wrote:

> My personal preference is WD Red (and NOT the Pro, just RED). It looks
> excellent on paper, and so far I have not had any failure on them
> (fingers crossed). The oldest I have is around 3 years old, used in a
> server, and zfs shows no data error.

	I'll second the WD Red there are two 2TB ones in my array and not a
reallocated sector between them! I'm none too impressed with the Toshiba
I'm trying the array though, it works and it's fast but it's building up a
lot of reallocated sectors (460 so far) good sectors seem to be staying good
though the weekly scrub never has to do anything. The other drives are
Samsung Spinpoints still going strong - pity they sold out to Seagate.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>