Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:11:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Shashi Mara <pmara@cactus.org>
Cc:        freebsd-tokenring@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NetBSD -- TROPIC IBM T/R Adapter

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Shashi Mara wrote:
> Has any one looked at NetBSD 1.4 TROPIC tokenring device driver ?
>
> src/sys/dev/ic/tropic.c
> src/sys/dev/isapnp/if_tr_isapnp.c
> src/sys/dev/isa/if_tr_isa.c

There are actually 2 other related files in src/sys/dev/isa IIRC but my
box at home is powered down so I can't go digging for the names.

I've got a Tropic card in the test box I just brought up and was pondering
looking at the NetBSD driver a bit more but haven't had the time.

Are you offering to port the driver?

> Separating the device driver from bus architecture make it easier to add
> isa / PCI/ PCMCIA support....

Are there PCI based Tropic adapters?

I'm aware of the LANStreamer and the Olympic PCI IBM TR cards but not of
any PCI based Tropic cards.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |