Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 1995 09:21:21 -0400
From:      "Stephen F. Combs" <combssf@salem.ge.com>
To:        marino.ladavac@aut.alcatel.at, kelly@fsl.noaa.gov
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Low end PS laser, or inkjet/bubblejet

The HP Laserjet4 MIO is setup to talk to a PC/Novell Network/etc.... which
ends each line in a text file with a <CR><LF>.  Unix ends a text file line
with ONLY an <LF>.  The 'text' and 'raw' printer types are there to allow
the printer to get around this.  Any file sent to the 'text' printer will have
<LF> to <CR><LF> translation performed.  Text sent to the 'raw' printer will
NOT have this translation performed!
Stephen F. Combs                 Internet:	CombsSF@Salem.GE.COM
GE Industrial Sales & Services	 Voice:		540.387.8828
Network Services		 Home:		CombsSF-Home@Salem.GE.COM
1501 Roanoke Blvd                Home Voice:	540.389.9524
Salem, VA  24153                 (not reliable after 9:30pm, 'cuz 'tis my link)