Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:18:07 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        ru@FreeBSD.org, audit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sbin/natd natd.8 natd.c

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:10:26 +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> The compromise Ruslan and I ended up with when we discussed this in Brighton
> was that the print would be disabled unless enabled specifically and that
> the verbose option should also enable it, and that yes, adding useful
> info to it makes sense.

I guess one argument in favour of this is the default brevity of the
IPFW code itself, where the "log" keyword does nothing until special
action is taken.

Okay, so Ruslan, are you happy with using getnameinfo() to add
additional detail?  The only drawback I can think of is that it will
defeat syslog(3) message coalescing (message repeated X times).

However, given the default behaviour that Poul-Henning describes, I
don't think it makes too much sense to worry about that.

Ciao,
Sheldon.