Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 2001 22:38:23 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@grumpy.dyndns.org>
To:        "Rob Snow (Lists)" <lists@dympna.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hmm, dupes?

"Rob Snow (Lists)" writes:
> Is anyone else seeing LOTS of dupes on -questions, -chat, etc?  I just
> re-subscribed due to some flaky DNS issues and am seeing 60% dupes on
> messages...I wish it were 100% or 0%, that would be much easier to solve.
> which lists@dympna.com shows only single entries.

If the messages are spawning in the delivery stage the duplicates will
have the same Message-ID: header. Several ways to deal with that but I
use "slocal -suppressdup" out of the nmh package. Procmail has ways too.

Well, no, actually I don't quite. I don't use the -suppressdup flag as I
hacked the source and made that the default. Such is what source code is
good for.

If you use this technique on your account, you'll have to zero
~/.maildelivery.db every now and then.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net