Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:18:34 -0800
From:      walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>, freebsd-openoffice@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Very slightly schizophrenic install problem.

Martin Blapp wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>However, if I don't specify a display the 'make install' ends
>>with an error message because the /usr/local/OO directory is
>>not found.  Just exporting DISPLAY=:0 gets past this error.
>>
>>Is this the expected behavior now?  I think it was different
>>for a while.
>

> Huh ?
>
> I have never experienced this !

So, you don't need to have the DISPLAY variable set before
doing make install?

Do you compile OO from an xterm or a pseudo-terminal?

I remember a few months ago I did not need to worry about
the DISPLAY being set, but things have changed.  The 'hack'
to avoid setting DISPLAY now appears right at the beginning
of the compile, NOT at the beginning of the install as it did
back then.  Do you see different behavior?