Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:04:27 -0400
From:      Mike Dockery <mdockery@hargray.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Joystick configuration

On Friday 14 August 2015 12:13:00 AM Lev wrote:
> Mike,
>

> Upgrade your port tree, and flightgear will build. I've recently made
the
> package maintainer to commit some patches that fix build issues.
>
> For the joystick, I think this should be followed:
>
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/howto-gamepad-and-freebsd.18454/
>
> Please note that I also want to spend some time with flightgear,
especially
> flying the space-shuttle.
>
> Please let me know if this works for you.
>
> Thanks,
> Lev
Greetings Lev,
Thanks for your reply and your helpful attitude.  Friendly offers to
help are always appreciated.  I have visited the link you provided
several times in the past few days but the information provided there
has not helped.  I keep getting the following lines in my Xorg.0.log:

[    34.118] (EE) PreInit returned 11 for "Thrustmaster"
[    34.118] (II) UnloadModule: "joystick"

As for the settings in the xorg.conf example, I have no idea where the
axis and button values came from.  It would be great if there was a
joystick calibration program that could be run to provide that
information.

As a last chance effort, I'll try my old logitech joystick today to see if
the flightgear program js_demo will work on it... but I have no idea
what values to insert into xorg.conf for that joystick either.

Joystick calibration appears to be my main area of concern... even
more that not being able to play amazon instant videos.

Again, thanks for your help.

Mike