Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 12:37:07 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        syko@sykotik.org (Dusk Auriel Sykotik)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha support

Dusk Auriel Sykotik wrote:
> I was wondering if -CURRENT supported the alpha platform, and if not when

Not quite.  It is still a work in progress - with people actively working
on it in what ever spare time they have.

> does it expect to be supported?  Right now the only options presented to
> me for alphas are redhat linux (ugh) and digiunix (too much money).  I

NetBSD/Alpha supports a wide range of alpha systems (but very few graphics
cards).

> would prefer to run FreeBSD, since its running on the other server now,
> and its run very well for me, and I've really enjoyed working with it.

Depending on what you want to do with your system, it is possible to
build much of FreeBSD's user land on alpha right now from the same
sources as the i386 -current.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137