Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:03:28 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP installation from the floppies through ADSL modem with P

> Date:          Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:03:25 +0200
> From:          Asker <noreply@nospam.net>

> What do you think about changing GENERIC or just the kernel in installation
> floppies in the future releases of FreeBSD? I think it will be very useful
> because ADSL (therefore PPPoE protocol) is very frequent method of
> connecting with Internet Service Provider in our days.

ADSL doesn't necessarily mean PPPoE. At least here in Estonia PPPoE
seems to be on its way out and the bulk of ISPs providing ADSL use just
Ethernet without any PPP.

> P.S. FTP installation use much less internet traffic than 4 huge ISO files'
> downloading.

There is no need to download 4 huge ISO files. All you really need is
the one mini-ISO, ca 200 MB.

--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Those who can't write, write manuals.