Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 18:33:57 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        murduth@ludd.luth.se (Joakim Henriksson)
Cc:        nlan@athena.aegean.ariadne-t.gr, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stealth 2001 problems

Joakim Henriksson stands accused of saying:

> > I own a Diamond stealth 64 dram from the 2001 series..
>
> I have a similar card in my machine but it has the ARK2000PV chipset. When

Only the two cards mentioned are totally different.  There is, AFAIK, no
useful support for the ARK chipset in the current XFree distribution.

>  I cant seem to get it past mono but thats okay with me if only I could get
> up to 1152x900 or more, but since the frigging xmono server only uses 64k
> out of 2Mb it doesnt look too good, anyone here that could offer any help on
> this? Oh yeah once i actually had it show 256 colors but only in 320x200 on
> a 20" monitor. You could get nightmares for less :)

The card you have is an _appalling_ choice to drive a 20" monitor.  Dump it
in the bin and spend a little cash on a decent card.  Anything with an S3
part on it would be a good start.  One of the #9 Motion series would be
a decent choice.