Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:54:37 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        NetSonic <support@netsonic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIC Card Configuration

On Jun 21, 1996, NetSonic <support@netsonic.com> wrote:
> Hello:

Hi!

Please adjust your date!
It's 1997 already, not 1996 anymore ...

> I have a generic ethernet card known to work with free bsd.. I have just
> reinstalled the Free BSD OS and have found that during bootup there are
> conflicts with ed0 with other things and ed1 appears as the nic card.
> After that, i get errors that says
>
> ed1 device time out.  Is there somthing I need to do with the IRQ's or
> somthing?

How can we know, if you don't tell a thing about your
system, the kernel you used (GENERIC or customized)
and from what release to which other you upgraded.

Please enter "-v" at the "Boot: " prompt and send me
the boot message log (which should have been saved to
/var/run/dmesg.boot).

Regards, STefan