Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 15:59:23 -0400
From:      Nathan Mace <nmace85@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   /etc/defaults/make.conf questions

in my /etc/defaults/make.conf there is the following line

#NO_MAKEDEV=true

does that mean that by default make installworld runs MAKDEV?

also there is a line about compiling sendmail or not.  my machine DOES NOT need to be running any mail server software, is it safe not to compile it?  or does some other stuff depend on it??

also is it like the rc.local files?  can i make a "/etc/make.conf" that overrides the one in defaults?  thanks

nathan