Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:45:54 -0700
From:      Sean Ellis <sellis@telus.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache fp virtual hosts suexec(?)

Hello,

I writing because of a problem that I'm having using apache virtual
hosts and frontpage 2000.

To allow different ownership of the different sites I added suexec
support to apache_1.3.20, made User and Group declarations in the
virtual host blocks, and chown'd the web directories. Everything
seemed to be working, but today I have some complaints and errors in
the log files. (Possibly due to fpexe being located outside of the
defined suexec directory?). Has anyone run into this?

 http error_log:

 Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache-fp/_vti_bin/fpexe

 suexec log:

 error: command not in docroot (/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache-fp/_vti_bin/fpexe)

I would like to find a workaround for this. The goal is have the
different sites accessible to the different ftp users while retaining
their frontpage capabilities. Perhaps this could be done through a
group for the the ftp clients? Any suggestions welcome,

--
Thanks,
 Sean                          mailto:sellis@telus.net